Sunday, September 27, 2009

Three Pretty Things : 9/27

This week, I made a point of looking for beautiful moments. What became clear is that those moments aren't always things you can photograph.

Sometimes, I couldn't photograph the moment because other drivers wouldn't appreciate me stopping in the middle of the street, leaning out my window to get a perfect shot of the orange burning sun setting the horizon afire. Other times, though, it was because one can't capture in a lens the emotion that gets packed into an instant. And emotion is what paints broad strokes of beauty across the memory.

Here are the Three Pretty Things I was able to snap.


Coffee shop, from the loft.


A little friend.


Patio downtown.

What were some of the good things in your week?

5 comments:

CanAmGirl said...

I LOVE that Joey made it on the list of pretty things...he loves you Christina.

K said...

Was that the Daily Grind?? It looks renovated.

Bethany said...

I love the last picture! I had a nice relaxing weekend, so now it's off to a busy week!

Lora said...

Such a great blog you have! Visiting you from SITS...have a great day!!

synthfiend said...

Some pretty things from my (pretty fabulous) week:

1. For my first time ever, hearing and seeing in person true blues legend Buddy Guy performing real blues (the kind you really can't fake). Look him up on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

2. The feeling of the first cool, dry, sweet, brisk Fall breeze of the year.

3. Spending a whole day visiting with my dad (who lives in another state and is in declining health) in his favorite place (on his boat).

Thanks for giving me a great reason to stop and count a few of my many blessings.

- John Grabowski