Saturday, September 25, 2010

Beauty Is Transformative, or, What I Learned From a Recent Zombie Experience

DISCLAIMER: My Twitter followers did not find my tweets about this interesting. HOWEVER, my Facebook pals thought it was hysterical... all that to say, it's kind of a toss-up how you'll feel about this post. You're free to stop reading and I'll forgive you.

Now on to the story...



Two nights ago, I dreamt I was being chased by zombies. Luckily zombies are super slow in more than half the films documenting their existence, so I actually wasn't aware I was being pursued... until I decided to hang out in a dark, Tim Burton-esque meadow. Smart.

Tip for zombie interactions: don't acknowledge them, it only encourages their behavior. Just keep pretending they don't exist.

So I saw a zombie coming up to me. Did I run? Shoot her in the head? Scream for a hero to help me?

No. All my zombie escape training went out the window.

I gave her a makeover.

In dreams, it's amazing how much you can carry without even knowing it. I gave this girl a whole new look -- everything from a blow-out to new makeup.

(The blow-out actually turned her hair pink and then it melted -- I'm not sure we're calling that a success.)

BUT.

She wasn't a zombie anymore!

What does this dream mean? It means that beauty is transformative. That unexpected love can heal what nothing else can help.

Way to go, subconscious!

Now, if I can only figure out why the makeover turned her from zombie into a talking coffee mug...

4 comments:

Sara said...

Did you mix red and white wine before you went to bed that night?

I did last night and then dreamt I was being chased by these forms in bags. I couldn't hit them, but if I grabbed their faces, I could squeeze and pop them like a bag of potato chips.

Then, I went up to the mezzanine level to watch the rest of the show.

I think it was very inventive of you to give the zombie a makeover. I also appreciated the photo from Shaun of the Dead.

Your brain entertains me greatly.

Abigail said...

Hey, just started following, really cool blog!!!

Glamour Bbey. said...

Hayhay!
How are you? Your blog is great and I love your style! I'm glad that I've visited yours.

Please, check mine, & maybe we can follow eachother? + join my giveaway!

Thanks and love,
Cindy

Jenna said...

I never noticed but the man standing next to Shawn looks like an older Harry Potter...